2010 was a fabulous year for the Brown family.
My word of the year for 2010 was “forgive”…and in many ways…I have. (necklace from The Rusted Chain)
I completed 17 crafty projects (see my sidebar for the complete list). Click HERE to go to my flickr set of all 2010 finishes.
I took a new position at work. (I lost my summers…but gained a substantially better environment to work in)
I moved the boys to one room with bunk beds (best. decision. ever.)
I took a vacation with my husband. With no children.
My word for 2011 is going to be “refresh”. I love the ideas that this word invokes.
From Merriam Webster: to restore strength and animation; to freshen up; to restore or maintain by renewing supply; to update or renew.
My goals for 2011 include:
- Making more quilts for my family…of a useable size (large lap size minimum)
- work on boys’ bathroom (paint, new shower curtain, accessories, etc.)
- Finish one complete cross-stitching project
- Finish one crochet or knitting project
- Use more stash and purchase only when necessary (I think that this is always a goal. Considering I bought new fabric yesterday…I don’t know if there’s much hope!)
Check out this 2011 goal post from Karamat Designs. I love how she set her goals.
Happy New Year to you all. I hope that you all are able to keep to your goals for 2011…no matter how official or unofficial they are.